Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Ice Cream Sundae Cake


Ice Cream Sundae - Yum!


This was actually the first cake I posted on my blog, however I get many questions and comments on it so I figured it deserves a 2nd chance in the spotlight! :-)

This cake was made for my daughter Olivia.   It proved to be the perfect cake for a bunch of giggly, sweet-toothed,  9 year-old girls!  It's always a great compliment when they do not believe it is actually cake! 
How to make an Ice Cream Sundae Cake:   The "waffle bowl" is 2 layers of chocolate cake, with a raspberry buttercream filling, covered ganache and then wrapped in fondant.    I scored the fondant, curled the edges and then hand-painted with a bit of brown food colouring to give it a waffle bowl feel.  The "Ice cream" is 2 layers of french vanilla cake, also with a raspberry buttercream filling, covered in french vanilla buttercream.  Real chocolate ganache drizzled over top, marked with swirls of real whipped cream.  And what sundae would be complete without a cherry on top!?  The bananas are fondant, as are the spoons - with each party-goers name on them.



Ice Cream Sundae Cake





No comments:

Post a Comment