Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Ice Cream Sundae Cake



 Yum!

This cake was made for my daughter, Olivia.  I wanted to make something fun that didn't involve too much fondant and felt like a true indulgence!  The "waffle bowl" is 2 layers of chocolate cake, with a raspberry buttercream filling, covered in fondant.  "Ice cream" is 2 layers of french vanilla cake, also with a raspberry buttercream filling, covered in french vanilla buttercream, topped with chocolate ganache, whipped cream and a real cherry on top.  Bananas are fondant, as are spoons - with each party-goers name on them; the personalized spoons were a brilliant idea that I would love to take credit for, but were actually inspired by a cake that I had seen on cake central.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic Setia! I am so glad that you are doing this and I can't wait to see what else you create!

    ReplyDelete