Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lego Cake








Lego is a very popular theme cake to make.  I had no appreciation for how well-received this would be by kids.  If I had to put money on which lego cake would be most popular with kids, it would have been the Star Wars one.  Turns out my wallet would have been a little lighter!  




Lego logo made with fondant


Little lego guys were made using a lego ice cube tray.  I molded fondant into the trays, and put them in the freezer for a few minutes to harden.  Once ready, I popped the little guys out and hand painted (with food colouring) pants, hands, and faces on them.


Lego bricks are chocolate, just like the Star Wars Lego cake.   I cut 3 chocolate lego bricks to form an "11" at the front of the cake, as this cake was for a boy turning 11.


Little lego guys in various stages of decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment